SERCAP, Inc a 501(c)3 not for profit is accepting applications to fill a full time Housing Counseling Manager position. This person must have a National or Virginia Housing Counseling Certification.
The salary range for this position is $39,000-$42,000. We will accept applications until January 26, 2018 at 12 noon. For a job description, please visit our website at: www.sercap.org.
Program Description: Southeast RCAP is a regional program that provides training, technical assistance, and seed funds to CAAs, CBOs, elected/appointed officials and the private sector in developing affordable safe drinking water/sanitary waste facilities and other needed services to serve low-income rural residents.
DEPARTMENT Housing & Community Development
JOB TITLE: Housing Counselor Manager
Salary: See Salary Chart
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This position will provide telephone, in-person and webinar/Skype information, guidance and counseling to those seeking assistance in planning for and maintaining home ownership and financial literacy.
- Present homeownership/financial literacy seminars.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to help them achieve homeownership/financial literacy goals.
- Provide budget and credit counseling tailored to each client’s unique circumstances.
- Follow up with clients to ensure they are following through on their homeownership/financial literacy goals.
- Receive inquires via e-mail, telephone and direct client contact and take appropriate action, either as a direct services provider or as referral source.
- Create, maintain and update client files, both in the database and hard copies.
- Complete program reporting.
- Works with state and local agencies and officials on joint efforts for housing needs.
- Coordinates with staff of community action agencies, community-based organizations, and local governments as it relates to the work of SERCAP.
- Complete and submit program reports as required.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by the Director of Housing & Community Development.
- BS or BA or the equivalent, such as an AA degree and 2-3 years housing/financial literacy counseling experience.
- Housing Counseling certification from HUD, Neighbor Works or a related nationally recognized housing counseling organization.
- Knowledge of affordable housing issues and financial literacy.
- Experience in presenting and organizing seminars.
- Knowledge of mortgage application process, and home buying process
- Demonstrated ability to work one on one with clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and high performance standards.
- Excellent program management skills, ability to work independently, motivated and innovative.
- Proficiency in analyzing numbers, calculations and financing.
- Computer literacy and keyboard proficiency, including Word, Excel and social media sites.
- Ability to communicate and relate to clients in both verbal and written fashion in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work several evenings a month with advance notice. Weekend hours may be required occasionally with advance notice.
- Experience in community outreach.
- Must be able to travel extensively which includes traveling for week-long national trainings at least twice a year.
- Valid driver’s license
Director of Housing & Community Development