Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project, Inc. (SERCAP) is currently preparing to carry out the Indoor Plumbing & Rehabilitation (IPR) Program through the use of Virginia Indoor Plumbing Rehabilitation/Loan Program (IPR) funds. The use of IPR funds will be $300,000.00 for 2019 & 2020. Eight housing rehabilitation projects will be completed within 2 years. The IPR Program is funded and overseen by the Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD).
During the implementation of this program, the following job types may become available:
- Well-Drilling and Water System Installation
- Septic Field Installation
- Construction Excavation
- Residential Electric Service Installation/Upgrade
- Residential Plumbing Installation
- Residential General Contracting/Rehabilitation
- Termite and Other Pest Treatment
- Lead Paint Inspection and Abatement
- Building Material and Supplies
The General Qualifications necessary for Contractors to be Eligible to Bid on Rehabilitation Work, include:
- Must Be Licensed by DPOR as a Class A, B, or C Contractor, in the Appropriate Trade/s
- Must Provide Certificate of Insurance
- Must Provide Two (2) References
- Must have been in Business as a General Contractor for at least One (1) Year
- Must Provide Proof of Training in Lead-Safe Work Practices (RRP)
- Must Be EPA Certified Renovation Firm and Certified Renovator
SERCAP is soliciting the participation minority and female owned businesses, contractors and suppliers in carrying out this program in Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Highland, Greene, Louisa, Nelson, Page, Rockingham, and Shenandoah counties. Such businesses may be included on appropriate bid and procurement lists by submitting a written request. Requests should state the name, address, product or service, and how the firm qualifies as a minority or female owned business concern.
Such requests should be addressed to:
Cherry Wilson – Housing Manager
347 Campbell Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24016
All above referenced procurements will be made on a competitive basis.